Go to home page
Biofuels Research Infrastructure for Sharing Knowledge

BRISK is funded by the European Commission Seventh Framework Programme (Capacities)


Travel and Accommodation Arrangements

Click on relevant question below to see relevant answer.

20. Will the host book and pay for my flights?

The visitors should normally book their own flights and the cost will be reimbursed by the host organisation upon presentation of your receipt.  The host organisation may be able to book the flight for you. You will need to let your host know how much your flights will be before you proceed with your booking. Please remember that the maximum travel and subsistence grant payable is normally 1400 Euros per user-project.  See also question 24 below.

21. Will I need travel insurance?

It is advisable that you purchase travel insurance. Insurance for your time within the host’s work place should be discussed with the host.

22. Should I apply for a European Health Insurance Card?

This is advisable if you are travelling to an EU country. If you are based in a Member State of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland you can apply for a European Health Insurance Card. This is a free card that gives you access to medically necessary, state-provided healthcare during a temporary stay in any of the 27 EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. Further details can be found at: http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=509&langId=en

23. Will the host arrange accommodation for me?

The host organisation should be able to advise you on the various accommodation options near its facility, including hotels and alternative lodgings such as student rooms. You will need to discuss and agree with your host who will be responsible for booking and paying for your accommodation.